Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Friend, Jen...


I have a very good friend - her name is Jen. She dropped off this beautiful loaf of bread, homemade berry jam and this very cute card while we were gone this evening. Someday I'll tell her how absolutely perfect it was that she remembered us on this specific day but for now I would just like to say "THANK YOU, JEN!!". What a great example of our Savior's love!

Now, if you turn that loaf of bread around you'll get the rest of the story...I thought you'd like to know that we followed Jen's example and were good neighbors (kinda) - we shared our bread with them (not that we had much choice) - unfortunately "they" were "neighbors" of the 4 legged variety - my guess would be a raccoon. Dan & the boys were the first ones home - they said they found it in the driveway...sorry, Jen - I know you must have put a lot of time, effort, and love into this bread and it does smell yummy, but we'll definitely enjoy the jam and we'll always remember the day Jen brought us the yummy smelling bread!! Thank You so very much!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Good thing I remembered to bring jam too...so you could at least enjoy something! It will make my kids happy to know that we took care of their animal friends!

derek and michelle said...

lol cant leave anything outside huh? What a nice friend. Love ya

hammond fam said...

funny story, no racoons to steal our bread. bring some my way. lol It will just have to be freezer bread:):):)